The University of California Santa Barbara has prepared a planning document as a guide to be used as a tool to assist in the design effort of construction projects at UCSB. This guide is not intended to include all applicable code, design, or performance requirements. This document is intended to identify Campus Standards and unique requirements for UCSB Communications Infrastructure installations that should be considered when developing construction documents and specifications.
These guidelines are not intended to be directly copied or used as actual specifications without review and consultation with the University's Project Representative. Should there be a variance between these guidelines and any existing codes, such variances should also be brought to the University Representative's attention.
In general, this document provides direction for UCSB staff, facility planners, architects, and other design professionals in the design and application of telecommunications media, pathways, and spaces. Standards objectives are to:
- Provide for the consistent application of guidelines for inter- and intra-building infrastructure design and deployment.
- Define minimum standards for spaces, pathways, and telecommunictaions-related infrastructure for new building construction or remodeling projects.
- Outline specific media selection and design criteria.
- Highlight technical issues that must be incorporated into the design and procurement process.
- Define methods and procedures for installing, testing, and documenting cable and related infrastructure.
Current Communications Infrastructure Standards can found under the UCSB Campus Design Standards and Guidelines, Campus Design and Constructions Services.
Questions regarding these standards may be directed to:
Bill Neuner (email@example.com)
Engineering Manager, Infrastructure Supervisor
Telecommunications Services - ETS
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3201